Sunday, March 13, 2005

at work...

I flew to JFK airport with a colleague last Wednesday (03/09) and we drove to the hotel. We got there just at the nick of time to get what was suppose to be our dinner. The next day was a "dog eat dog" meeting with the corporate jerk-offs (I shouldn't say that... after all I am one of them now!). I swear, if you don't have a hard stomach, they could make you cry in two minutes flat. I think I handled myself pretty well, although I must admit that I need to expand my vocabulary and be more articulate in these type of meetings. I always let drawings speak for themselves but sometimes, it's just not enough, you also have to learn to sell yourself.

Disclaimer: Please note that these are merely renderings of a design proposal. People and brands shown are depictions and by no means meant to represent something real.


1---


2---

Before the trip, I tried to finish the renderings above that I did starting from midnight to 6 a.m. the day we left.... I know... I'm crazy that way but let me see if anyone could figure out why I enjoyed myself too much...

The whole Thursday was pretty much spent in the meeting and then dinner at night at this nice, classy restaurant called Zinc. I sat next to the second biggest huncho and made sure I did my share of ass kissing. No! I didn't really do that. I sat next to him because I had to make sure he hears a piece of my mind. I didn't leave that meeting earlier without getting his precious signature to approve our drawings

Friday was more walking the jobsite and taking pictures...

at the construction site w/o a hardhat...

No other time spent to look around and know the town. But I am sure that this is not my last trip to Connecticut. I might even be assigned there for awhile. The proximity to New York is enough to entice me. Here are some of the personal photos I took outside tge hotel: