Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year Old ME

I have moved in to my new loft literally across the street from my work. With all the hardships I encounter in life, in relationships and healthwise... I am truly blessed and have alot to be thankful for.

I have yet to take pictures of my loft, waiting for the arrival of the Barcelona chair & ottoman I have purchased (no! I didn't pay that much, a small fraction of that... thanks to my designer sensibilities...) The loft have a huge cubic space but not so much floor area so I had to be my own client and rotate the furnitures about 10 million times to make it fit and function well. I am very happy on the way it is turning out. Although I brag about my handyman skills, I am quite upset that my arms are losing the strength it used to have, blame it on the 2 collapsed cervical disks. Anyway, I just have to know when to ask for help. My almost ex-husband and my might-be-brother-in-law have been very helpful. Having a place I feel at home at is the best feeling in the world. I haven't felt this way for awhile... since the gallery days...
A week of from work was mostly spent playing Mommy with my niece Dynn and being there of my Lola (Grandma). The whole family went to Las Vegas for New Year and I opted to stay. I wanted a quiet new year by myself. So, at 9 p.m. I served dessert to Lola and Dynn, played reggae music... they were both dancing with glee. They got tired eventually and fell asleep at at around 10:30 p.m. I just sat by the fire and contemplated on the past year and geared myself to a better year ahead. I got one call right after midnight from somebody I least expected to call. My intern at the gallery/design studio, he works at the restaurant where Gene is that night. I think he mostly feel sorry for me seeing Gene having a great time and probably wondering where I was. Mostly, he is just a nice guy who knows me and Gene very well... whatever that means...
Christmas was a blast. I got everyone (Mom, Aunt Jho, Chi & Jhosel) a Coach purse! I got a matchiong pj's and bootie from Mom, a new flirtatious tank top from Mom, a cool winter Aldo boots from Chi (which I would wear when I go to Boulder CO to meet Michelle), a candle and red lipstick from Aunt Jho and my favorite gift... a Tempu-pedic pillow from my almost ex-hubby Gene. After 7 years of teacing him what a good gift is, he learned! Never too late to learn. I got him limited edition matchbox cars (hey, he collects them!)... yes he is 40! We were at my Mom's house (not including Gene---he was with his current play girl of the moment...) and played Scene It! (that DVD board game) till midnight so we could start opening gifts after the clock strikes 12! It was fun but I can't help but be sad... I don't really have to say why...
New Year... same old psychotic ME! Let's see... Mellisa had this thing on her blog...
In 2004...
... I started blogging!
... I turned 30!
... I finally went to Europe! (London & Paris)
... I saw my college bestfriend again after a long 7 years of being in different parts of the globe, in Paris no less!
... I made a fool out of myself trying to speak French to a Parisian who thought I sounded funny and laughed their asses off.
... I was in the ER countless times to get morphine shots for chronic endometriosis pain.
... I filled for disability because there would be mornings I couldn't move my neck and my arm due to a degenerative disk disease I got from a car accident 4 years ago.
... I had most of my endometriosis tissue scraped off and my fibroids removed a.k.a. surgery!
... I went on an enduced menopause!
... I finally know what a real hot-flash is!
... I filed for divorce!
... I dated another man (oops! did I just openly admitted that!)
... I became homeless.
... I quit my job.
... I got a better job!
... I got a HOME.
... I didn't make turkey for TG
... I started taking anti-depressants.
... I started seeing a psycho-therapist.
... I bought my first designer chair!
... I started cooking again.
... I didn't send any Christmas card, even an electronic version! BAD!
I wonder what 2005 will bring to my doorway.
Oh, I was invited by a fellow blogger Michelle to spend the weekend with her and some other of her friends in their new home in Boulder, CO. Take note that I have not met her except in the obscure world wide web. How thrilling!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
HAVE A GREAT 2005!