Saturday, August 14, 2004

moving on...

I went to the lawyer Thursday to file a petition for a move-out order for my ex-husband. After that incident, I have no compassion for the guy anymore. He is a fly I need to swat out of my life now. He is a stranger to me. I am moving on without regard to what we had together (that were figment of of my imagination probably...), without any glimpse of any future amicable tendencies between us, without respect to his existance. At this point I would rather pay the lawyer than to help him in any way, shape or form.
Anyway, I said moving on... so Friday --- that's exactly what I did!
A good friend of mine had a friend who is a glass artist. We talked about it in passing before about getting lessons from him and sure enough, my friend Deedee made arrangements and Friday around noon, the whole glass studio went to my sister's house. Bob gave Deedee and I glass lamping lessons for the whole afternoon. It was so much fun and productive. I was going to do it at my apartment's recreation room but when I saw oxygen and propane tanks and a flame gun, I knew my apartment manager would simply panic. Besides, it was hard to transport the kiln and the tanks to the second level from the street parking. The only downside is Chi's place got invaded again, which I am sure she is not happy with. This is the downside of living with family, my lifestyle is simply too damn spontaneous that I simply can't abide by rules and it sucks that it hurts the ones I love and the ones who are simply tryng to help me. But back to the fun part. I have probably worked on almost all mediums except with glass and I have always been apprehensive of it, but now I know that I can manage it and it could be something I could be good at. Here I am again with Jhoiey of all trades, master of none!!!
I could see myself investing in getting the tools (tanks, flame gun, kiln...) by next year and doing it on the side. I will even take it further and make jewelries... I am excited about this!!! I have to get my living situation situated (for lack of a better word), so I could convert the second bedroom into a studio and I could start really getting back into painting again. I have tons of idea in starting a series but I have to have it all spread out to start getting productive about it. Again, hard to do when you are jus squatting... Ahhhh! Painting, pottery, welding and now glass beads making... what else am I going to dabble into...
It's too late now to get my shit together to apply for that government subsidized art studio in Santa Monica. I have to go to my apartment to get my portfolio for the slides that are required to be sent with the application form. No fuss... If it's not time, it's not time. I can't stress on every single thing that goes wrong. I am not ready to be in the place where it all happened. Sometimes I wonder if I could still live there after he moves out. Oh well, it's not like I have a choice, the lease is until January 2005 and trying to get out of it makes me more financially liable about more things. Have to avoid that and lessen those types of liabilitites. I just need to make sure to rearrange the house and give it a whole different vibe.
After the lessons that conveniently went to me! Cool! I had to go with Chi for her volunteer work in answering phones for the KCRW pledge drive. I was just tagging along because her shift was from 8 to midnight and it wasn't safe to walk alone to the parking structure of the college during those hours. I was a tired because aside from the glass lessons, I got up early to spend time with Dynn, drive (which I am still adjusting to) to Brentwood from Carson, go to the post office to do a temporary change of address and now accompany Chi to do volunteer work. I was just going to hang and read a book but I ended up answering phones too and getting a lot of pledges, I might add! It was fun! A different way in spending a Friday night!
See, I have moved on...