Saturday, July 24, 2004

fun in the sun

When Chi got home this morning, I was still in bed reading and doing nothing. She made me get up, take a shower and get ready to go out and have fun in the sun. I can't go to the beach yet because aside from the fact that I am bloated and looked like I was six month pregnant. I can't risk infection on my surgery wounds. Wen went to the SWA picnic in Manchester park instead. Not before we picked up Aunt Jho and get a yummy Chipotle lunch. While CHi hang out with her ex co-workers, I was sitting on the grass and just enjoying the sun and the cool breeze. I had to go to the bathroom so many times but I didn't mind the inconvenience. I was hurting but at the same time I was enjoying the fact that I am out and breathing this air and getting drunk on life.

We went to the Getty center afterwards and that is always nice. We caught the photography exhibition and enjoyed sitting on the grass over-looking the garden and the city scape and the far away ocean view while listening to live music. They had 2 stages spead about and was playing pretty cool beats with a lot of reggae influence. Of course this would have been better if I was well and able to dance. Los Angeles is so beautiful and forget what I say about LA not having culture, well I was wrong, I just never enjoyed the culture it could offer while I was married.

I was thinking of this one friend who I really wanted to bring here and we can talk about art and architecture and other things.

I had so much fun but I was exhausted. I had to walk around so that I could pass gas and not be this bloated. At least that was what my doctor told me.

Back at Chi's playhouse, had dinner, took medication and now blogging. I wanted to call a friend but I have to give him his space and not be too clingy.

Tomorow we are off to Carson to go to my Lola's (grandma's) birthday. I believe she is turning 80. I love her to pieces and she is my last grand parent alive in both sides of my family. I wish we can all be together and just have FUN.