Tuesday, June 01, 2004

weekend stuff...

Every Memorial Day is movie day for me and Gene usually, except when we go to a friends BBQ Party which is not often (2 out of 7, I think).

My in-laws was suppose to come next weekend and I was planning to go to the beach with my 2 sisters and my niece but --- the in-laws take precedence, of course. Specially since we don't see them often.

We had lunch over at Gene's brother's house and then saw Troy during matinee at the Bridge. It's been years since I read Iliad and I do see movies solely for entertainment value, so I didn't have anything bad to say about the movie. It was fascinating how attractive these people are. I have a renewed respect to Brad Pitt. My favorite scene was when he leaped and killed that giant in the early parts of the movie. Oh, and I have to say --- even in ancient times --- people do stupid things for love.
Why? Why? Why?

On another note...
Gene might start playing guitar for a church service. We'll see. We went last Sunday to see the service and for him to try playing with them. It went well and they like his playing of course and the service was good for the soul. It's been so long since we went to church. We'll see what happens. I want Gene to lead this one. We both need it and we need to do it together. But all my past attempts went nowhere. His Mom has been praying for this and even our Pastor before told him that it would be good if he could play for church. Give back with what God gave him. We'll see...