Sunday, June 13, 2004

Moving on...

Friday: I went to my neuro-surgeon and discussed my neck condition and agreed on going for a month disability to fully rehabilitate my neck, went to work for a couple of hours, told my boss that I will be on disability for a month and might not come back. I gave them two weeks so they could look for my replacement and to take the new project I was given last week as far as I could take it for 2 weeks. They Immediately put an ad for a Project Manager and a Job Captain. I have always been replaced with more than one person and I do take pride that. I also called the guy that interviewed me first and he said that he wrote the Offer Letter and already sent it off and told me the contents. The wheels are turning... Then I spend a few hours with my friend Shelly who was just happy to see me with an improved sense of being. I also had an appointment with this lady who is writing a new book for McGraw-Hill and she wanted to interview me...and I realized --- I'm going to get published!!!

I am truly blessed, the minute I got out of my rot, wonderful things started happening. I am one lucky bitch...

The night was not as exciting, so I just walked to the store and both some bubble bath and I went and played music, light some candle, open a bottle of wine and relaxed my aching soul and thank God for a renewed sense of self, for the strength to get out of the mode of death and feel alive again....

Saturday: got up early, painted a new one entitled "Ode to Picasso while breaking FREE" --- at least that was the working title... I was reading this book that compares Picasso and Matisse and it was on my bedside table and everytime I open my eyes, I see this Picasso piece and inspired me to paint that morning. I also were on the phone with my Mother for about 2 hours and we were having a semi-healthy discussion/ argument/ reconciliation... or whatever anyone wants to call it. I pretty much said things I've been holding for awhile and she did to, now whether we got each other or not, we at least know that we love each other no matter what. In the end of the phone call, I realized how much I resemble her in so many ways... in good ways! After that --- off to Chi's place to head down to the Spinning and Yoga class we were suppose to be doing regularly... A movie and some shopping then off to go dancing at the Standard!

Sunday: Devoted to family, ate yummilicious home/Mom cooked Pinoy meals, practiced our belly dancing moves, another movie, more movie,played with Dynn.

Very, very healthy weekend... oh! and happy!