Sunday, June 27, 2004

company picnic

Saturday was our company picnic at Point Dume Beach just before Malibu turns tro Ventura County. It was a perfect day for the beach. I was going to take my whole family with me (Lola, Mom, 2 sisters, 1 aunt, 1 cousin and Dynny) but moods didn't quite matched and it ended up as Chi, R-jay (cousin) and Dynny.

Got there 3 hours late and the caterer were almost done for the day. Food was good, margaritas were flowing but I could discern the animosity from my almost-ex-co-workers.

What am I talking about? I never connected with them, why start now? I'm glad I had Dynn to play with. I enjoyed myself despite of the obvious indifference.

The water felt great, Dynny played the perfect daughter. There were rock climbers and I could wait to try it myself. Michelle will break me in.

It was nevertheless a sun-filled-fun-filled afternoon.