Thursday, May 27, 2004

What is LOVE?

I finally get to go home early after long days and nights at work trying to meet deadlines....

*sighs*

Went to the library to return some books I finished (okay, okay --- books on tape) and met Chi there to go to Aunt Jho's house for R-Jay's 18th birthday. I use to babysit for him when he was a little boy. He was my pet-cousin. I loved him to death. He was soo cute, like Dynny and now he is a grown up bigger than anyone in the family, and when I say big, I mean muscle big! Time flies....

So, I called Gene and he said he'd come so I waited for him in my car and then we'll get a ride from Chi. He arrives, still not ready and wanting to go upstairs to our apartment and get ready. Now, here's the deal... It reallyirritates me that he thinks his time is more important than anyone, he pulled the same shit with me on my birthday! He makes you wait and wait and then when he needs to go, he needs to go! It made me so mad and I told him "you know-the world do not revolve around you! you can't make people wait like that for you all the time" and I left and went to Chi's. And I wonder... where did our connection go? What happenned? We are so far detached fom each other in many ways. How can two people live together and live entirely separate lives?

The eternal question.... When is love not enough? And then I ask myself... What is LOVE?

1 Corinthians 13
Love
4) Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5) It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7) It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8) Love never fails.....
13) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Need I say more. This has always been my guiding principles.