Monday, May 10, 2004

Rediscovering the Library

It's been years since I visited a library.

A few weeks ago, when we were walking in the neighborhood--- my sister Chi decided to drag me inside one. The Donald Kaufman Brentwood Library which is part of the Los Angeles Public Library system. Boy was I surprised on how advance its been. It never dawned on me till then that the public libraries have entered the 21st century! That may sound naive but I just never thought!

Anyway, I have since then became a member and have borrowed my first audiobook. Vittorio - by Anne Rice. I am almost done listening to it during my morning and afternoon commutes.

Everyday, I go to the libraries website to search their catalog and place books on hold and get this --- it doesn't matter which library has it, you can arrange for it to be picked up from the library of your choice. How f***ing kewl is that! I can finally catch up in my readings...

Salute to this great new system. Salute to the Internet that made all this possible.