Thursday, May 13, 2004

no 911 call this time

Whenever I have a bad endo attack month. The pain is not any ordinary pain. It is comparable to labor pains, when you scream and yell and gasp for air and cannot get up! I know labor pain because I had a miscarriage once and this pain was worse than that. I fold into a fetal position and that helps me cope with pain. When I feel it's a bad month, I don't go to work because the past years, my employers have put many a 911 call because they don't know how to help me. 911 brings me to the E.R. and boom ---an instant injection and the pain is gone and I'm in heaven... That cost about $500 each drill...

Two years and many absences in this present job and they never needed the swift guys of the fire department (usually responds the quickest for 911 calls). Of course, they never get why I am always out at least 2 days each month... Until yesterday, when I made a mistake of coming in. Prescription pain pills are never meant to be taken when you leave your house because drowsiness is always part of removing the pain and I already made a mistake once of driving under the influence of Dharvocet and man!!! It was messy! At first I just went to my car and tried to rest it of, I didn't want to take any more Advil (well, aside from the fact that I finished the office supply of Advil - I am nauseated)... Two hours later, our office manager went down to get the mail and I called her, desperate at this point, I ask if she could find any more o-t-c pain reliever... All hunch over and trembling in the back seat, I waited for her come back with water and pills. That really didn't help. Another hour passed, I called her up to help me up the ladies room... So she did and I rested in there another hour or so, taking 3 more pills after the 4 I have taken in my car. I am consciously overworking my liver but what the heck--- I am in dire pain. It hurts to pee, it hurts to poop, it hurts to do nothing.

Eventually, the 7 o-t-c pills worked its miracle and I can finally manage the pain enough to drive myself home. Our office manager offered to bring me to the ER but I calmly explained to her that although I would love a shot of the injected potion, I am not willing to shed another $500 out of pocket for it and that I just need to rest it off and it'll get better (till next month that is).

So, here I am at work --- blogging, taking 2 Motrins every hour, virtually no energy, brain a mushy pile of green mess, liver screaming 'no more pills, please!' female internal organs tender and bleeding, rest of me - numb and trembling...

I have to get better... a shot of mind over matter please.... must get better.....

Gene is playing tonight at the Derby... yeepeeyeyoh