Friday, May 21, 2004

Busy Bee

I haven't worked this hard for this firm but I had no choice this time but to do it!

I have an impossible deadline to make and I am determined to do the best I can to meet the deadline. A miracle sort of happened because eventhough the date didn't change, the scope of the submittal did. Instead of going out to bid, it will just be a check set for everyone to review. Ths would allow for a chance to straighten up the mess that is inevitable when you are rushing to meet the deadline...

This did not change the need to finish it the same way...

Let's see - Monday to Wednesday, I stayed at work till 8 p.m., Thursday I stayed till 3:30 a.m.... YES! I was going to do an all nighter but I started smelling my self and the thought of buying a toothbrush just didn' sit right so I went home, took a nap, took a shower and went right back to work bright and early today, Friday--- when I envisioned only staying till 5 p.m. I ended up staying till 9 p.m. instead... There goes my night.

Tired and frustrated, I called Chi to see if we will still go out even if I am about to pass out. This kind of schedule was fine 3 years ago but with my chronic conditions and mental instability, this is killing me!

Chi didn't pick up, I figured she fell asleep surfing the net...

I got home, tired and hungry... we picked up Eric (nephew from Gene's side) to do our family duties for the weekend... ate at Chipotle... yummy but the spicy food didn't sit righti n my tummy... stayed awake for awhile and saw CSI recorded by Gene from the previous night (we do that for each other, we are both TV addicts but can't afford TiVo for now)... Fell asleep on the couch and decided to call it a night...

I pray that the weekend is better for this Busy Bee...