Sunday, April 18, 2004

playing Mom...

I woke up at 10 a.m. last Saturday and called Chi to see if she wanted to go to our YAS class and she said, she was on her way to pick up our niece Dynn and so I kind of went back to being half asleep until my phone rang at around noon and it was Chi as king me if I am ready to play Mom. I try to see Dynn as much as I can but I have only had her by myself just once when I still had a gallery and she was just starting to learn how to walk.
So I got up my lazy butt and took a shower and wear comfortable clothes and proceeded to meet them at Chi's play house four building away from my place. To Dynn, I am not a Mom nor an Aunt but a playmate... she starts jumping up and down ready to be chased when she sees me.

It was a hard decision where to take her, since I do not want her to grow up a shopper. No malls, I said - we thought of bringing her to the Children's Science Center and Natural Art Museum near the Coliseum at USC but it was a nice day, the beach was another oprion but she didn't have her bathing suit... So we ended up at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica - yeah NO MALLS! We decided to take her to Toys R Us and on the way there from where we parked at the MALL... we passed by the FCUK store and they had big speakers outside the store playing trance music to advertise their new radio station... Dynn wanted out of her stroller, so I unstrapped her and she started dancing, we stood there for like a good 15 minutes just watching her dance. Then we continue o walking and when we got to Toys R US, she went crazy running from one thing to another, we almost got her a pink bike! After about an hour in there, we decided on a few things, like an educational touch screen toy, an extra tape for it, a new umrella stroller with sunshade, PINK diaper bag, toiletries and some sunscreen for when we go to the beach. She rode a few different bikes and a horse thingy and played with a big ball she was trying to toss to a little boy she wanted to follow around (already!)... we were famish from running after her... On our way to the cashier, she saw an inflatable pool with water toys floating, she was pulling up her shirt like she does when she is about to step to her bath tub... How freaking adorable!
Back to the Promenade, we went to lunch at Yangtze a fusion restaurant of Thai and Japanese... yum! Dynn was playing with her toy as we were chowing down and she ate a few bites with chopsticks... It was Earth Day at the Promenade so there were more booths and entertainment than their usual Saturdays. By the front of the restaurant was this techno band playing live and people dancing around with hula hoops in front of the stage... that's exactly where we went after the yummy lunch... And Dynn once again danced. I won't be surprised if I find her picture in some west side local news paper as alot of photographers took her picture. When an attack of shyness get her, she comes to me and calls me Momma with open arms wanted to be picked up and I would and we would dance together. When she finally got tired, we went buy her a bathing suit so we could take advantage of the sun (it was raining everywhere else in SoCal)... Mind you, when she is in a clothing store place, she knows how to let you know what she likes and she is quite picky...

We got home, we changed to our bathing suits and went to the pool and she LOVED it! The jacuzii had warmer water and smaller area, so that's where I dipped her... When it was time to dry up, Chi was ready to wrap her in a towel and she was shaking her lettle head and saying "uh-uh" with her fingers motioning the same. It was the funniest thing. We finally got her out sionce it was starting to get cold and took her shower and we went to Chi's to watch Moogli in the movie "Jungle Book" - she was copying the monkey sounds.... that's when I had to go home because Gene is calling me --- his brother's family is outside picking us up to go to a Duarte family dinner... I had to say goodbye to Dynn once again...

This are the times I wish I was a real Mom...