Monday, April 12, 2004

Plastering versus Painting

I owe my Mom quite a bit of money and since she has been wanting to remodel her house, I decided to offer my professional services to pay of the money I owe... So this past weekend, we have finished the first part of the major change. We painted the Living Room, Dining/Kitchen & Family Room. My husband kept of saying that it was not painting, it was plastering. We used this very high end Lime Paint/Venetian Plaster that is steel trowel applied... Quite hard I have to admit but looks great! Something that can be added to the portfolio. The color scheme came out spectacular and I have proven once again that Gene loves me even if he constantly complained, he did do it with me like he promised even if I didn't even asked him. My Mom helped a lot which I feel bad about because I was suppose to do the whole thing. Aside from the relief that I paid my debt fairly, I am also glad that I was able help my Mom with this remodel (even if she worked as hard, even harder than I did) --- and I am so not writing this coz she might read it but the thought went to my mind...

I was happy too that we spent Easter at Mom's (with Gene!) and I got to play Mommy a little bit... Dennyse is sooo spoiled but so yummilicious. We took a bath together and she was copying how I was scrubbing with a bath sponge... I was the cutest thing...

Gene met Jhosel's new Barney too! It was so funny how he reacted... Like he was a Kuya who do not agree with the whole divorce/new guy thing... I wonder what he was really thinking... We put the new barney to work though-- huh! Early initiation of the neophyte who thinks he wants to be a part of the powerhouse of a family made of very strong, demanding women!!! Gene hesitated for the longest time but now he is slowly realizing, if you want to keep the woman, you have to keep the family involved!!!

Good, tiring, productive weekend... We are the Weekend Warriors!