Thursday, April 15, 2004

Gene's BIG 4...0...

I didn't even have a gift... I don't know what to get him anymore... Actually, I didn't have any money to get him anything.... I took him to dinner at this Japanese barbecue place in La Cienega (Beverly Hills) called Gyo-Kaku. Very nice place, they use a special coal to in the individual table grills. Like a good wife (sometimes) I cooked most of the time and placed it on his sauce bowl... He liked that, since he usually would be the one doing that. We made a toast on his special day with cold sake. I told our server it was his birthday, so they did their embarrassing song number making the whole restaurant sing with them... There was a starlet filming her documentary and the camera man filmed Gene all embarrassed about the birthday song. It was fun! I hope I made it more special than that, but given my present resources... it was hard. The only true gift I could give him is my continues devotion no matter what, and at the end of the day --- that's what really matters...