Thursday, April 08, 2004

Braggin' Rights...

I was in San Francisco yesterday for an all day meeting. Our clients office was a whole block along Embarcadero and Folsom. Their office was architecturally "okay" but when you go in... the lobby have a 6-storey high Richard Serra metal sculpture and pop art on every wall niche, the CEO's own collection... un-freakin'-believable! The views from the building was nothing less than amazing and their cafe had outdoor seating staring at the bay and a big bow and arrow sculpture across the street where they dedicated a park! Even the food selection in their cafe was sooo good!

Of course when I know I am going to a meeting, I am always dressed for it. With matching purse and high heels (even when after my doctor said no more than an inch heels for me). We got off the plane and took the BART and walked 6 blocks... I was with another PM and our boss who are both about 6' tall. No matter how fast I tried to walk, their strides are too long for me to catch up! When we get there, the other ladies in the meeting were wearing flip-flops... What the hell? Is Frisco really that casual? Coz I know LA is not!

We flew American and I was nostalgic and happy that I had bragging rights, I had to point to my boss thE items I specifically designed... Just coz of that, my 5am-9pm day was worth it...

I miss doing big, meaningful projects...