Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Bored to Oblivion

I have been in this firm for 2 years now and I must say. I am so ready to move on. I am so bored it is driving me insane.

Okay, let me put this firm in perspective. They are not a bad firm. They pay their employees well. They give quarterly bonuses (which is unheard of in architecture) they have annual company outings (last year was at Puerto Vallarta, Mexico) and they do not micro manage. Now that they have moved to their very own (designed and built, mind you...) building, they even have a pool table that employees can use and a supply of beer and wine whenever one decides to relax and play.

So, one would ask me, why am I bored?

Because this place is soooo not me!!! I do not feel like I belong. I stayed as long as I did because I get paid very well and I get away with alot. But as a result, I have became complacent to the point of insecurity. Now, I am afraid to go out there and look for a job where I actually have to prove myself again.

I have a reputation for being really good at what I do and all my past employers attest to that... and after 2 years of this place, I am not sure I could keep up with my reputation.

I have to admit, I did this to myself. I t was never there fault, I should have never come here in the first place. But it was too tempting to experience it first hand.

I need to gather up all what is left of me and get out of here. FAST!